Saturday, May 9, 2009

"But things were starting to look up. Funny how, at the time, I really did believe that. As it turned out, however, I couldn't have been more wrong."


As soon as I finished Airhead by Meg Cabot, I started wanting the next book, Being Nikki, to be available. I was going through a series phase and I wanted the next book--which, of course, wasn't due to be published for more than a year! Finally, as of May 5, 2009, Em Watts is officially back (in Nikki Howard's body) to continue the story. (** if you haven't read Airhead, there may be a few spoilers here--you've been warned!**)
At the end of Airhead, Em Watts is just beginning to realize that she is going to have to keep her secret and live Nikki Howard's life or risk the chance that her family will lose everything they have to Stark Enterprises. Being Nikki begins with poor Em at a photo shoot for yet another Stark product. She is cold, wet, and unhappy, but knows she must go along to protect her family. She is also working hard to avoid Brandon Stark, Nikki's ex boyfriend with whom she does not want to have a relationship. While she is at the photo shoot, a mysterious stranger visits her apartment building. Nikki's roommate gives her a physical description and she's sure it's Christopher, her long-time friend. However, upon returning home, she finds out that it's someone else. Someone Nikki would have known, but Em doesn't have a clue who he is.
His appearance drags Em into a mystery which causes her to begin a search for answers to questions that she had not considered. Why is someone getting text messages that she did not send, yet appear to be signed by her? Where is Nikki Howard's family? Why is Stark listening in on all her conversations and watching her every move? What really happened on the day Nikki died and Em was injured? Did Nikki Howard have secrets that may have led to her demise? Em has to try to find answers while continuing Nikki's career, going to high school, spending time with her family, and keeping the biggest secret of her life.
Just when I thought I might find out the answer to Em's questions, one BIG Stark secret was revealed and then the book ended--with a cliffhanger. I felt the same way at the end of Being Nikki as I did at the end of Airhead. I can't wait for the next (final?) installment, Runaway, to be published!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, I can't believe I forgot all about Being Nikki. It's been so long that it slid to the back of my mind. Nevermind, I'll definitely pick this up.

    ReplyDelete