Sunday, January 22, 2012

Top 10 (ish) of 2011

My Top 10 (ish) of 2011 (or: books I loved for various reasons . . . and I think you should read them):

10. Pinkney, Andrea Davis Bird in a Box
9. Zevin, Gabrielle All These Things I've Done
8. Taylor, Laini Daughter of Smoke and Bone
7. Castle, Jennifer The Beginning of After
6. Flack, Sophie Bunheads and Martinez, Jessica Virtuosity
5. Resau, Laura and Maria Virginia Farinango Queen of Water
4. Johnson, Maureen The Name of the Star
3. Gantos, Jack Dead End in Norvelt and Schmidt, Gary Okay for Now
2. Handler, Daniel and Maira Kalman Why We Broke Up
1. Sloan, Holly Goldberg I'll Be There

You probably didn't even notice that my top ten is really a top twelve, right? I actually have a couple of honorable mentions as well (I know, sick, right?) I don't think you want to miss The Summer I Learned to Fly by Dana Reinhardt, Ashfall by Mike Mullin, or Ashes by Ilsa Bick. The first because I just love Reinhardt's writing. A-maz-ing. The last two because teens are going to be banging down your door for sequels, so you better know what they're talking about. Speaking of sequels . . . I need to do a post on that topic--so many good sequels coming in 2012! What are your top ten?

No comments:

Post a Comment