Thursday, February 19, 2009

"The state of Noboyfriend is not a state like New Jersey is a state"

I have a confession to make. I think I might be Ruby Oliver. Or at least there are some striking similarities between Roo and a younger version of me. Keep in mind, this is not always a complimentary comparison! But I really loved that about this and the other Ruby Oliver stories by e. lockhart.
In this installment, The Treasure Map of Boys, Roo is still going to counseling and still trying to sort out her roly-poly life in the Tate Universe. We first met Roo in The Boyfriend List and The Boy Book. She is not perfect and she certainly causes much of her own drama. But in the end, she is like most girls I knew (including myself!) in high school.
Like other e. lockhart books, these are quick reads because you want to discover what Ruby is going to figure out next. She is likable: quirks, panic attacks and all.
If you haven't read the other 2 books, you have time. This third novel is not due out until July 2009.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for tempting me, Karen! I loved the first two installments in this series and I can't wait to read this one. I've got a little Roo in me too!

    ReplyDelete